Mallows Bay EMERGENCY & SAFETY INFORMATION
Due to the location of the park, during an emergency please call the Charles County Sheriff’s Department, they will connect caller with the county 911 services.
The number is 301-932-2222
*Please install this number on your device.
PADDLING SAFETY TIPS
- ALWAYS WEAR YOUR LIFE JACKET.
- PADDLE WITH OTHERS IF POSSIBLE.
- COLD WATER TEMPERATURES ARE HAZARDOUS TO PADDLERS. Paddling is recommended between May and September.
- WHEN PADDLING IN WIND, STAY CLOSE TO SHORE.
- RESPECT WILDLIFE. Animals and birds should be viewed from a distance.
- BEWARE OF HIDDEN WRECKS. It is dangerous to travel through the central shipwreck cluster, especially during high tide when ship remains lie just below the waterline and are invisible to the paddler.